Professional Certificate in Online Course Design and Instruction
Enhance Your Online Teaching
Teach Effectively No Matter the Distance
The sudden and widespread changes to traditional teaching have required teachers of all experience levels to be more agile while still meeting their institution's and district's standards of quality. But for educators who aren't as tech-savvy or have never taught an online course before, where do you start to set up, let alone keeps students engaged and learning? While some lessons and skills can translate to an online learning environment, others need an adjustment or a new approach altogether. Learn from your peers and local experts how to design an effective virtual classroom for all class levels.
Est. Tuition $2,455
Learning Format Online
Duration 12 months **Duration times can vary talk to your student success coach for more information.
Total Units 12 Units
- The impact of different learning environments and the online teaching journey based on course design formula
- Methods for assessing student success in an online environment, including the development of quiz questions and assignments
- A special topic of choice in assessment, including project-based assignments, course evaluation, and video-based quizzes
- Skills for using the Canvas LMS for content and exercise delivery
- Methods for designing teaching best practices, a teaching philosophy, and a strategy for managing discussion questions through a virtual session practice run
- Middle and high school teachers and higher education instructors looking for support in teaching and designing virtual classrooms
- Working professionals such as trainers interested in developing their skillset with knowledge of online educational technologies
Enhance your virtual teaching with valuable tips and tools for the current teaching environment. Gain new knowledge to build effective and engaging virtual classrooms for all learners and class levels, and discover new ways to deliver your content.Watch Now
Upon completion of the webinar, download our toolkit which includes additional activities, exercises, planning tools, and resources to help solidify your learning.Download Toolkit
Save 20% on the entire program tuition by paying in full upfront. To choose this option, click "Apply Now" from the Get Started menu at the top of the page.
Pay per individual course as you register. To choose this option, click "Enroll in a Course" from the Get Started menu at the top of the page. *If you plan to earn the certificate, you will need to apply before completing your last course.
Take a seat in our Virtual Classroom to discover more about learning formats.
We offer multiple start dates to give you flexibility in your eduction, life and work schedules.
Your Journey Starts Here
Is this program right for you? Get the facts.