How to Apply
Note: UCR University Extension will resume in-person instruction beginning with the fall 2021 quarter. We are currently issuing electronic form I-20s for all in-person programs per SEVIP guidance. At this time, students can apply for all programs for both in-person and online instruction for fall 2021 and winter 2022 quarters.
- English Language or Degree Pathways Programs
- Apply 60 days before the program start date
Enrollment is limited and programs fill quickly, so apply as early as possible to assure your placement in the classes you want. Courses, dates, fees, and other expenses are subject to change without notice.
We recommend you apply as early as possible, so that you have enough time to apply for a visa, make travel and housing arrangements, and arrive in time for orientation. We have recommended application deadlines to help you plan ahead. It may take several weeks for you to receive your I-20.
To apply, you must create an online account. You need a valid email address, mailing address, and other personal information. Once you have created an online account (or if you already have one), you may apply for a program.
Online Application Procedure
Review the steps below to make sure you have everything you need before you begin the online application process.
- Step 1: Decide on your program(s), length(s), and dates.
- Step 2: Determine if you need to provide any of the following additional documentation with your program application and collect the required documents so you are prepared to upload them.
- Step 3: Complete a program application, including uploading the supporting documents* (if applicable), and pay the $200 non-refundable Program Application Fee. Visa, MasterCard, or Discover are accepted online.
- Step 4: Review housing options and apply them to the one that meets your preferences. You must pay the $200 non-refundable Housing Placement Fee to apply for our on-campus or off-campus housing.
Note: The processing time for online applications is approximately 10 workdays. You will receive an acceptance package via FedEx when your application has been processed and accepted.
Submit supporting documents online with your program application. Incomplete applications cannot be processed.
Required of ALL Applicants
Required of SOME Applicants
- Agency/embassy/partner university information. (Only required if you have one.)
- If you are applying as a transfer student from another U.S. institution on an F-1 visa, you must upload copies of your current I-20, the front and back of your I-94, and the current F-1 visa stamp.
If you are under the age of 18, your parent or legal guardian will be required to complete a Parental Release Form.
Required of Admission Preparation Applicants
- Official TOEFL or IELTS score
Copy of transcripts for grades 9-12 and scores of any standardized tests
Required of Postgraduate Applicants
- Official TOEFL score
- Candidate Appraisal Form
- Copy of your most up-to-date resume
Transcripts with proof of degree completion
Important Things to Remember
- Applications will not be processed until application fee(s) are received.
- Courses, dates, fees, and other expenses are subject to change without notice.
- Admission to University Extension does not constitute admission to any UCR degree program. For questions about UCR degree programs, contact Undergraduate Admissions or Graduate Admissions.
- Other fees may apply for the Master's Pathway programs.
- Minimum Age to Apply
You must be at least 14 years of age to complete an online application for one of our programs. If you are under the age of 18, your parent or legal guardian will be required to complete a Parental Release Form.
Upon Admission to UCR University Extension
Once we finish processing your application, we will send you an acceptance package via FedEx. After receiving your acceptance materials, you can make arrangements for your visa application, housing in the U.S., airport transfer, and other travel. Congratulations, we look forward to meeting you!