This policy does not apply to international students who are subject to the refund policy associated with their program of enrollment. Please visit our international policies and deadlines page for information regarding international fees, refunds, and more.
Course and Program Fees
- The fee for each course, certificate, or program is listed on the corresponding information page.
- The fee listed for each course is the same for auditors as for credit students.
Fees may be paid by:
- Check or Money Order payable to Regents-UC
- Purchase Order
- VISA, MasterCard or Discover
Late Enrollment Fee: A fee may be charged for enrollments received after the first class meeting. Please see the specific course description, or contact Student Services for more information.
Returned Check Fee: A $25 collection fee is required by University of California.
Requesting a Refund
Please submit your written requests via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
UC Riverside Extension
ATTN: Student Services
University Village, Building E, Suite 201
900 University Ave.
Riverside, CA. 92521.
Include your full name, course information (title, course number, registration code), and a statement that you are wanting to drop the course. Please review our refund policy information below to check for refund eligibility.
About Course Refunds
- All refunds are subject to a $30 drop fee.
- A refund will be granted only if the request is received, in writing, at least 2 days prior to the start of the course.
No refunds will be granted if the request is made less than 2 days prior to the start date of the course.
About Program Refunds
- All program refunds are subject to a 10% drop fee.
- Refunds will be granted only if the request is received, in writing, at least 2 days prior to the start of the course, and the original I-20 issued by University Extension is returned.
- Withdraw and refund requests received before the end of the first day of registration will receive a 50% tuition refund.
- Refunds will not be granted if the request is made after the first day of registration.
If classes are canceled due to insufficient enrollment, the full program fees are refunded.
About Application Refunds
- Application fees for programs, certificates, credentials, and completion verification are nonrefundable.
Housing placement fees are nonrefundable.
- Refund requests take six to eight weeks to process.
If UCR University Extension cancels your program, you will receive a full refund and no processing fee will be assessed.