Build a Foundation in the Fundamentals of Business
Take charge with this accelerated business course designed to help you secure an understanding of the key fundamentals of business, along with current strategic issues, challenges, and opportunities faced by businesses in today's evolving global environment. Gain insight into the key areas of business that can serve as a sampling or preparation for more advanced study, or build on your business skillset and potential career opportunities.
All students who successfully complete the Fast-Track 4-unit Micro MBA course and successfully admit to the UCR A. Gary Anderson Graduate School of Management MBA program, will receive a $5,000 scholarship to be used toward the MBA.
About the Course
Introductory Module: Culture and Diversity
- Global Culture
- Intercultural Communication
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Module 1: Strategic Business Management
- Leadership and Motivation
- Entrepreneurship and Intrapreneurship
- Risk Management
Business Structure and Restructuring
Module 2: Human Resource Management
- Strategic Human Resource Management (HRM)
- Team Dynamics and Collaboration
- Conflict Management and Decision Making
- Business Ethics and Corporate Social Responsibility
Module 3: Accounting and Finance
- Understanding and Analyzing Financial Statements
- Working Capital Management and Budgeting
- Time Value of Money and Other Valuation Methods
- Money and Financial Institutions
Module 4: Economics
- History and Overview of American Economic System
- Microeconomic and Macroeconomic Principles
- Market Supply and Demand Dynamics
- Understanding Fixed and Variable Costs of the Firm
Module 5: Marketing and Communication
- Market Research
- Fundamentals of Marketing and Branding
- Digital Marketing Strategy
- Social Media Management
- Develop a strong foundation in the fundamentals of business
- Explore culture and diversity and its impact on business practices and issues in a global environment
- Practice critical thinking and problem-solving skills through teamwork and collaboration, which are essential for future managers and entrepreneurs
- Apply the knowledge of business fundamentals in collaborative teams to the analysis of strategic business situations and issues that are highly relevant to today’s managers and entrepreneurs*
Network with individuals and faculty from diverse cultural, educational, and professional backgrounds*
*Not applicable with the Self-Paced Micro MBA.
- Cohort Structure - a cohort is a group of students who work through a program together offering a rich learning experience due to the multiple perspectives offered by the students
- Asynchronous Learning - allows students to access the course content any time
- Activities - online group discussion opportunities
- Academic Recognition – students earn 4 academic units
Grading Model – students must earn a grade of C or better to earn academic units
- Asynchronous Learning - allows students to access the course content any time within a 12-week period
- Instructor Facilitated - individual learning with the instructor available to answer questions via Canvas
- Academic Recognition - students earn 4 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
Grading Model – students will earn a pass or no-pass
- Recent Grads: Students who have focused their studies in other areas outside of business will find the Micro MBA course complimentary to their current area of study.
- Entrepreneurs: The course equips new entrepreneurs with foundational tools to enhance their opportunities for business development or the potential launch of a new business start-up.
- Considering an MBA: The Micro MBA course targets individuals who may be considering further study in a formal degree program, and provides comprehensive sampling of what a business degree entails before completely committing to a formal degreed program.
Seeking a Move into Management: Employed individuals who are interested in advancing into a supervisory or management position will find that the Micro MBA provides opportunities for talent optimization and career enhancement.
Choose Your Path
Fast-Track Micro MBA
- Starts: March 15
- Tuition: $2,495 (Regular) / $1,995 (Promo Rate)
- Duration: 40 hours; 5 weeks
- Delivery: Online: Instructor-led; asynchronous
- Academic Units: 4 units
Self-Paced Micro MBA
- Starts: April 2021
- Tuition: $1,495 (Regular) / $995 (Promo Rate)
- Duration: 40 hours; At your own pace*
- Delivery: Online: Instructor-facilitated; asynchronous
- Academic Units: 4 Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
*Must complete within 11 weeks.