Solar energy is gaining momentum around the globe. Environmental issues, rising oil prices, and an increasing number of consumers willing to pay for green products are pushing solar energy to new heights. Are you ready for the clean energy revolution?
This training course is designed to prepare you to enter the exploding solar field and to take the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP) PV Associate Exam. We'll teach you the fundamental principles of the application; design, installation, and operation of grid-tied and stand-alone PV Systems; and you'll develop an understanding of the objectives required by NABCEP.
Upon successful completion of the coursework, you will be eligible to take the PV Associate Exam. UCR University Extension is a registered NABCEP PV Associate Exam Provider. This course covers all the objectives for the NABCEP’s Entry Level Exam Program. Be part of the change!
Note: Passing this exam does not replace the knowledge, skills, or abilities of the electrical or other construction trades. The NABCEP PV Associate Exam should not be confused with the NABCEP Professional Installer’s Exam which requires a deeper understanding of photovoltaic principles and a lead installer position on several jobs per year.
You will learn:
- To optimize solar PV placement
- To determine usage requirements to optimize sizing as well as permit procedures
- How to differentiate and explain code compliant systems from system design concepts and hands-on installation
- To demonstrate installation methods using a mock roof installation simulator and inverter wall
- To be prepared to take and pass the NABCEP PV Associate exam