This course is designed to introduce key elements and a framework for the understanding of leadership, along with a customized pathways for students to increase their own leadership skills and apply them appropriately. Using presentations, speakers, case studies, storytelling and exercises, the course will address the role of a compelling vision and ownership, motivation and power, persuasion and influence, interpersonal communication, problem solving, ethics and ability to sort and identify priorities. This class includes developing a plan for future leadership development and provides sharing of deep experience and real-life examples that can be applied to practical situations.
- Demonstrate understanding of responsibilities and ethics of leaderships – connection of values to behaviors.
- Capture the skills to develop one’s own leadership.
- Demonstrate understanding of the basic elements of leadership.
- Demonstrate understanding of the broader environment in which mission-driven leaders operate, and of interaction with key stakeholders.
- Demonstrate understanding of core communication skills needed in leadership.
- Design a personal plan to identify resources, first steps and career goal in developing leadership skills.