This course will provide the required tools to develop and apply entrepreneurial capabilities to drive change and innovation and increase impact within an existing organization. More than ever, creating an environment within nonprofits that stimulates and support intrapreneurship is highly beneficial to the internal organizational culture but also to the survival and long-term sustainability and relevance of the venture itself. As any entrepreneurial activity, intrapreneurship requires specific skills that this class addresses: from spotting opportunities within the organization, managing resources, understanding product development, competition to identifying and conveying added value proposition and developing a sustainable business model and strategic planning.
- Demonstrate understanding of entrepreneurship and intrapreneurship.
- Develop the necessary skills to spot and explore entrepreneurial opportunities.
- Demonstrate understanding of business models that drive change and develop a business plan for a mission-driven initiative.
- Demonstrate understanding of the broader environment in which mission-driven organizations operate, and of key stakeholders.
- Demonstrate understanding of product development and costs, value proposition, market, competition, beneficiary profile, needs and experiences.
- Demonstrate the ability to identify resources and design an implementation strategy based on the business plan.