This course introduces you to the foundations of a cultural proficiency framework that will shift the culture of an organization or individual. Upon completion of the course, business professionals in leadership roles will have gained more experience in, and be more comfortable with, having culturally proficient interactions with others who are different from themselves.
- Explore and reflect on personal attitudes, beliefs, and assumptions regarding diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Identify resources available for promoting cultural competence.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills by analyzing the strengths and weaknesses of their workplace culture and developing a concreate action plan for improvement.
- Recognize the principles, elements, and tools of cultural proficiency (CP).
- Understand how the knowledge of a cultural proficiency framework affects how we lead and manage the dynamics of diversity and equity to closing opportunity gaps.
- Use the Cultural Proficiency Continuum to assess equity-related work in your organization.
- Examine the guiding principles of cultural proficiency to the mission statement, core values and board policies of your organization.
- Distinguish personal experiences with privilege and marginalization and how that affects your interactions with individuals and/or diverse groups within your workplace.