If you've been displaced from your career, or need to advance in your current position, you may be eligible for federal assistance through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA). For individuals who qualify for federal assistance through California's Employment Development Department (EDD), funds may be applied toward the cost of tuition, parking, and certificate fee at UCR University Extension.
What is WIOA?
The Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) was signed into law on July 22, 2014 to assist job seekers in accessing employment, education, training, and support services to succeed in the labor market, and to match employers with the skilled workers they need to compete in the global economy.
- Accounting for Government & Nonprofit Organizations
- Agile Project Management
- Business Management
- Construction Management
- Event Management
- Human Resources Management
- Lean Six Sigma
- Nonprofit Management
- Project Management
- Project Management for Business
- Social Media and Internet Marketing
- Supervision and Leadership
Supply Chain Management
- Applied Cybersecurity
- Computer Technician
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
- Advanced Teaching and Administration in Early Child Care Settings
- Bilingual Authorization (BILA)
- CLAD/CTEL Authorization
- College Admissions Counseling
- Designated Subjects Career Technical Education (CTE) and Special Subjects
- Online Course Design and Instruction
Teaching Transitional Kindergarten
HEALTHCARE & WELLNESS
- Forensic Nursing
Medical Case Management
LAW & JUSTICE
- Crime and Intelligence Analysis (CIA)
- Crime Scene Investigation (CSI)
- Fiduciary Management
Paralegal Studies (ABA Approved)
LANGUAGE & CULTURE
- Interpretation and Translation (English/Spanish)
Textbooks: Please note that we do not supply required textbooks; these must be purchased separately. Textbook information can be found on the course listing.
We accept various types of funding. However, not all programs will be approved for funding. Please verify with your funding source to see if the program you are interested is on their approved list. UCR University Extension cannot approve or provide advising on your eligibility for WIOA funding. You must contact your local One Stop Center.
NOTE: WIOA funds only cover the required units for the specific certificate program for which you are approved. If you receive a failing grade, you may not be able to retake the course due to limited funding, and will be terminated from the program.