Thank you for your interest in this offering through Otis College Extension. We are excited to partner with Otis College Extension to expand our offerings to you. Students will enroll, register, and pay all fees for these offerings through the Otis College Extension website. Upon completion of the certificate program, Otis College will provide a certificate of completion. Transcripts are available through the Otis College website.
Develop hands-on experience in the world of game design with industry-standard game engine tools, basic scripting, and technical processes in this certificate program from Otis Extension. Learn from visiting industry professionals, acquire insights into business best practices central to the game design profession, and develop a professional resume and portfolio. After completing the program, you will be prepared to begin a career or enhance your skills in the field of game design. Learn from experienced professionals, connect with a network of creatives, and receive career support, including career counseling, career assessment, internship advising, and employer networking opportunities. Ultimately, you will create a professional-quality portfolio demonstrating conceptual, design, and technical proficiency for entry-level positions in the game industry.
Est. Tuition $2,910
Learning Format Online
Duration 1 year
Total Courses 8 Courses
Our certificate program is recognized by Epic Games, providing high-quality educational opportunities with knowledgeable and experienced faculty. This helps students establish positive outcomes as well as higher career opportunities and ensure students' preparation for a rapidly evolving and extremely competitive job market.
- Essential knowledge about the gaming industry, workflows, and work environments
- Universal fundamental programming skills in conjunction with game components
- How to model and animate 3D assets for games
- Effective communication skills to articulate concepts and information within a team workflow
- Skills in interactive storytelling and writing for games with topics, including visual prototyping, narrative, and environmental storytelling
- Designing, documenting, and creating a game concept that employs level design and narrative strategies
- Industry-standard tools, including Unreal, Autodesk Maya, Blender, Pixologic Zbrush, Marmoset Toolbag, Substance Painter, and more.
- Attend an Info Session for certificate details and a registration discount
- View a course planning document to learn more about course sequence and timelines
- Submit materials to waive a required course
- Chat with us during drop-in hours: Wednesdays from 3:00-4:00 p.m. via Zoom
- Schedule an appointment with an Extension Advisor
- Email email@example.com with any questions
- Approximate Course Cost: $340*
- Total Number of Courses: 8
- Estimated Total Tuition: $2,910**
*Cost for an online course after certificate tuition discount. Upon submitting the certificate application and fee, students qualify for a 15% tuition discount per course at the time of enrollment.
**Cost after certificate tuition discount. Courses are individually priced. Tuition and course fees are paid at the time of enrollment in each course. Total tuition is not paid in advance or in a lump sum. Additional course fees or materials costs may apply.
Students must be 18 years of age to enroll. No portfolio or prior experience is required.
Individuals interested in this certificate program can take up to two courses before committing to the program. Before beginning their third course, students are required to submit a Certificate Program Enrollment Application with a non-refundable $185 application fee.
Students are notified of their certificate application results three times per year according to the following dates:
- Between 12/15/22 - 2/11/23 for Spring 2023 start
- Between 4/6/23 - 6/3/23 for Summer 2023 start
- Between 8/3/23 - 9/23/23 for Fall 2023 start
Click below to apply now!
This is a non-credit certificate program.
Note: please refer to each individual course page for additional supplies, materials, and software requirements.
- Computer with camera and sound capabilities; reliable internet connection
- A second device with screen such as iPad, tablet, or second computer with working audio, built-in webcam, and microphone
- Camera (smart phone or DSLR camera) with the ability to transfer files to your computer
- Hard drive with at least 250 GB of storage
- Optional: external web camera and USB microphone headset