Thank you for your interest in this offering through Otis College Extension. We are excited to partner with Otis College Extension to expand our offerings to you. Students will enroll, register, and pay all fees for these offerings through the Otis College Extension website. Upon completion of the certificate program, Otis College will provide a certificate of completion. Transcripts are available through the Otis College website.
Develop a well-rounded expertise with broad applications across professional digital art and design production with a certificate in Digital Imaging and Illustration from Otis Extension. Through art and design principles, conceptual thinking, and technical skills, you will develop content that can be applied to a range of industries, including advertising, illustration, animation, editorial, fine arts, motion graphics, and web/digital products. Upon completion of the program, you will be prepared to begin a career or enhance skills in the field of digital imaging and illustration. Learn from experienced professionals and artists, connect with a network of creatives, and receive career support, including career counseling, career assessment, internship advising, and employer networking opportunities. Ultimately, you will create a professional-quality portfolio demonstrating conceptual, design, and technical proficiency for entry-level positions in digital art and illustration fields.
Est. Tuition $9,090
Learning Format Online
Duration 1.5 - 2 years
Total Courses 18 Courses
- Art and design fundamentals, including life drawing, composition, color theory, and 2D design
- Visual storytelling and its application within various industries
- How to create digital designs using multiple assets and visual formats
- Analysis and understanding of communication through media
- Industry-standard tools, including Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and more
- Professional practices relevant to careers in digital imaging and illustration career and portfolio development
- Attend an Info Session for certificate details and a registration discount
- View a course planning document to learn more about course sequence and timelines
- Submit materials to waive a required course
- Chat with us during drop-in hours: Wednesdays from 3:00-4:00 p.m. via Zoom
- Schedule an appointment with an Extension Advisor
- Email email@example.com with any questions
- Approximate Course Cost: $505*
- Total Number of Courses: 18
- Estimated Total Tuition: $9,090**
*Cost after certificate tuition discount. Upon submitting the certificate application and fee, students qualify for a 15% tuition discount per course at the time of enrollment.
**Cost after certificate tuition discount. Courses are individually priced. Tuition and course fees are paid at the time of enrollment in each course. Total tuition is not paid in advance or in a lump sum.
Students must be 18 years of age to enroll. No portfolio or prior experience is required.
Individuals interested in this certificate program can take up to two courses before committing to the program. Before beginning their third course, students are required to submit a Certificate Program Enrollment Application with a non-refundable $185 application fee.
Applicants will be notified of their enrollment status within one week of submitting their application. Click below to apply now!
Note: please refer to each individual course page for additional supplies, materials, and software requirements.
- Computer with camera and sound capabilities; reliable internet connection
- A second device with screen such as iPad, tablet, or second computer with working audio, built-in webcam, and microphone
- Camera (smart phone or DSLR camera) with the ability to transfer files to your computer
- Hard drive with at least 250 GB of storage
- Optional: external web camera and USB microphone headset