NOTE: We can bring this program to your organization, or deliver it as a cohort. To express interest, submit the request for information form.
The barrage of information in the digital age, and the political ferocity in today's climate can be difficult to sort through, especially for youth. The digital revolution has transformed fundamentally important aspects of our democracy. These changes necessitate changes in civic education. If youth are to be prepared to deal with the challenges and tap into the opportunities afforded in our digital age, all youth will need access to high-quality civic media literacy education.
Est. Tuition $1,365
Learning Format Online
Duration 6 months **Duration times can vary talk to your student success coach for more information.
Total Units 8 Units
- Classic approaches to understanding democracy and civic learning
- How the rise of digital media challenges these approaches
- Methods to transform civic learning and integrate it across the curriculum
- The importance of digital literacy among youth and ways to demonstrate application
- How to develop and implement a civic education-based lesson and best practices based on your observation and discussion with other educators in the course
Is this program right for you? Get the facts.