Cannabis Healthcare and Medicine
Specialized Study Program
Explore New Frontiers in Patient Care
As medical research and medicine continue to evolve, cannabis use is becoming more frequent in both human and animal care. To stay current with this emerging application, both healthcare professionals of all types and those working directly with clients and customers in the cannabis industry need the right education. Choosing a program that focuses on the right topics, research, perspectives, and examination can bring you up to speed quickly and allow you to take your lessons immediately to work. Learn the relevant information you need now before you're behind in your approach.
Est. Tuition $2,950
Learning Format Online
Duration 6 months **Duration times can vary talk to your student success coach for more information.
Total Units 9 Units
- Cannabis history, uses, culture, and industry
- Medicinal cannabis and industrial hemp, indoor and outdoor grow, biochemistry, botany, and phylogenetics
- Operations and challenges in the various sectors of the industry, such as cannabis enterprise and cannabis law and policy
- The medical properties of cannabis, human physiology, and metabolism
- Best practices for patient care, including standard of care, drug interaction, psychoactivity, and tolerance
- Medical ethics and law for cannabis medicine, localized for your area of business or practice
- The endocannabinoid system and cannabinoid and terpene concentration, metabolism, absorption, and more
- Special topics in either Animal and Pets or Human healthcare, depending on your chosen track
Take a seat in our Virtual Classroom to discover more about learning formats.