Cannabis Agriculture and Horticulture
Specialized Study Program
Sow a Future in a Booming Industry
The cannabis industry is quickly gaining traction as a promising field of commerce that aspiring business owners should pay attention to. Those with a green thumb or an interest in growing a career in cannabis growing operations can also find many long-term opportunities. In order to establish yourself first as a valuable asset in this business, though, you must first become a product expert. Preparing yourself with the right education to understand growing, caring for, harvesting, and storing cannabis will give you a more competitive edge in starting either a career or business.
Est. Tuition $2,950
Learning Format Online
Duration 6 months **Duration times can vary talk to your student success coach for more information.
Total Units 9 Units
- An introduction to cannabis and cannabis use in history, culture, and industry
- Biochemistry and differences between medicinal cannabis and industrial hemp
- An overview of the responsibilities and challenges of various sectors, such as an enterprise and cannabis medicine and health
- Life cycles, optimal growing conditions, and harvesting best practices for indoor or outdoor plants
- The flowering cycle, pest control, and storage techniques
- Special topics from an ecological and ethical perspective, such as super cropping and off-grid farming
- Individuals wanting to learn more about the legal cannabis industry
- Individuals wanting to start a cannabis business
Take a seat in our Virtual Classroom to discover more about learning formats.