We are currently not accepting applications for new apprenticeships. Please reach out if you have any questions.
Proudly recognized as an official US Department of Labor Apprenticeship Ambassador.
Earn While You Learn
Receive job-based training and education while you’re getting paid to work in an IT, logistics, or advanced manufacturing role.
- Move up in your career
- Earn while you learn through structure, work-based learning to excel in your career
- Gain skills to fill in-demand jobs
- Start working in a new industry
- Earn portable, nationally recognized credential(s)
How it Works
- Get in touch with an advisor and share your career goals. Start by meeting with a UCR Extension Career Services Advisor, who will assess your skills, help you discover your strengths and match you with the appropriate apprenticeship program. If this program is a fit, your advisor will help with course enrollment, as well as set up interviews with employer partners in the Inland Empire.
- Customize the coursework and apprenticeship to fit your schedule. UCR Extension has several certificate programs related to in-demand jobs. Courses are designed to meet the needs of working people and are offered in the evening, on weekends, in person, and online. Financial support for course fees is available for eligible students.
- Learn new skills and grow in your career, with mentorship along the way. Apprenticeships typically last one year or more. While you are taking classes and working, an experienced employee at the apprenticeship site will be trained as your mentor. The mentor will help you apply your coursework with on-the-job support.
Raise the Bar for Your Career
The Inland Empire of Southern California is booming with more job vacancies than ever, without enough skilled workers to hire. Through the UCR Extension Apprenticeship program, you can be the one to fill an in-demand IT, logistics, or advanced manufacturing role. Complete coursework to increase your skills while you’re getting paid to work–with mentorship along the way. The sky’s the limit!
When You Invest in Your Career, You Invest in Yourself!
Does this sound like you?
- I’m unemployed or underemployed and need additional training to move into a higher skill position.
- I’m ready to start a more fulfilling career within the IT, logistics, or advanced manufacturing industry.
- I want to move into a higher skill position within my current organization.
- I’m an unemployed U.S. Military Veteran and am transitioning into civilian life.
- Fill an In-Demand Job Gain on-the-job training in high-demand industries, such as logistics, Information Technology, and more.
- Elevate Your Career Complete courses to excel quickly in your current role or make a career change.
- Discover New Pathways Start working in an industry you will enjoy and increase your salary potential.
Moving up in Your Career Shouldn't Be Overwhelming
Our apprenticeship program is custom-made for people just like you. Online and in-person courses are tailored to fit your lifestyle and schedule, so you can move up at your own pace. It’s never too late to move into a new industry or achieve more in your current role.