Course Number: EDUC X396.7
Various topics related to creating teams and developing and implementing strategies for strengthening mathematics programs at the elementary, secondary and high school levels, increasing student participation in higher-level mathematics and enhancing classroom instruction. Methods and resources for building seamless transitions between courses and levels of schooling and providing rich coursework at all levels are explored. Other topics include the principal strands of precalculus curriculum, innovations in curriculum and technology and their use in mathematics instruction, and instruction using graphing calculators, including a program to illustrate parametric graphs and motion.
- WiFi codes will be provided during APSI check-in.
- College Board Scholarship recipients cannot register online. To register as a scholarship recipient, please mail or fax your Enrollment Form along with a Copy of your Letter of Commitment and Award Letter to Student Services (fax: 951-827-7273). Please note that you will be invoiced for the total amount due if payment from the College Board is not received by the course start-date. The registration for Scholarship Recipients is for non-credit ONLY.
- School districts enrolling teachers for APSI courses also ONLY pay for the non-credit fee. District POs cannot be processed online. Please send POs along with an Enrollment Form for each teacher to Student Services by mail or fax to 951-827-7273.
- If you are registering as a Scholarship Recipient or were registered by your school district with a PO and would like to pay the additional $100 fee to receive credit (3 quarter units), please contact Student Services at 951-827-4105. The deadline to pay for credit is June 27, 2017. A letter grade will be awarded to students registered for credit (assignments due to receive credit will vary between courses).
- Further detailed information regarding the course will be emailed to students a few weeks before the course start date.
Please contact APSI Program Coordinator, Brenda Montiel, at 951-827-1661 / firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions.
$795 Early Bird Discount ends on May 28
$845 after May 28
$695 (Non Credit) Early Bird Discount ends on May 27
$745 after May 27
Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu 8:00 am-4:00 pm APSI check-in will take place in the lobby area of the UCR Palm Desert Center, 75080 Frank Sinatra Dr., at 8 a.m. on Monday, June 26, 2017. Parking permits and classroom number/location will be provided during check-in. 4 Meetings
Jun 26 - Jun 29, 2017
APSI check-in will take place in the lobby area of the UCR Palm Desert Center, 75080 Frank Sinatra Dr., at 8 a.m. on Monday, June 26, 2017. Parking permits and classroom number/location will be provided during check-in.
UCR Palm Desert CenterMap
Institute fee includes breakfast, lunch, College Board materials, and parking. Registering online automatically includes the credit ($100) fee. To register for non-credit ONLY, please contact Student Services.
No Textbook Required.