Course Number: PSYC X458
An introduction to the systematic and scientific study of human behavior and mental processes. While considering the psychologists and studies that have shaped the field, you will explore and apply psychological theories, key concepts, and phenomena associated with such topics as the biological bases of behavior, sensation and perception, learning and cognition, motivation, developmental psychology, testing and individual differences, treatment of abnormal behavior, and social psychology. You will employ psychological research methods, including ethical considerations, as they use the scientific method, analyze bias, evaluate claims and evidence, and effectively communicate ideas.
- APSI check-in at 8 a.m., Monday, July 17 at the UCR Extension Center.
- Please set-up your student NetID and password at least 7 days before the course start date to ensure access to the WiFi connection in the classroom. Trouble setting-up your NetID? Email: email@example.com.
- College Board Scholarship recipients cannot register online. To register as a scholarship recipient, please mail or fax your Enrollment Form along with a Copy of your Letter of Commitment and Award Letter to Student Services (fax: 951-827-7273). Please note that you will be invoiced for the total amount due if payment from the College Board is not received by the course start date. The registration for Scholarship Recipients is for non-credit ONLY.
- School districts enrolling teachers for APSI courses also ONLY pay for the non-credit fee. District POs cannot be processed online. Please send POs along with an Enrollment Form for each teacher to Student Services by mail or fax to 951-827-7273.
- If you are registering as a Scholarship Recipient or were registered by your school district with a PO and would like to pay the additional $100 fee to receive credit (3 quarter units), please contact Student Services at 951-827-4105. The deadline to pay for credit is July 18, 2017. A letter grade will be awarded to students registered for credit (assignments due to receive credit will vary between courses).
- Further detailed information regarding the course will be emailed to students a few weeks before the course start date.
Please contact APSI Program Coordinator, Brenda Montiel, at 951-827-1661 / firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions.
$795 Early Bird Discount ends on Jun 18
$845 after Jun 18
$695 (Non Credit) Early Bird Discount ends on Jun 17
$745 after Jun 17
Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu 8:00 am-4:00 pm Enrollment opens May 1. APSI check-in will take place at the UCR Extension Center, Conference Room E located at 1200 University Ave., Riverside, CA 92507 at 8:00 a.m. on Monday, July 17, 2017. Parking permits will be provided during check-in. 4 Meetings
Jul 17 - Jul 20, 2017
Enrollment opens May 1. APSI check-in will take place at the UCR Extension Center, Conference Room E located at 1200 University Ave., Riverside, CA 92507 at 8:00 a.m. on Monday, July 17, 2017. Parking permits will be provided during check-in.
Extension University VillageMap
Institute fee includes breakfast, lunch, College Board materials, and parking. Registering online automatically includes the credit ($100) fee. To register for non-credit ONLY, please contact Student Services.
No Textbook Required.