Component C : Advising
This is the advising component which allows individuals to provide advising to CARES Plus participants and help them develop their Professional Development Plan (PDP). In order to qualify as a Component C Advisor, individuals must hold a bachelor's degree in child development (or closely related field) and complete the CORE requirements and additional CLASS trainings (4-hr Intro to CLASS/Toddler, 6-hr Intro to CLASS/Pre-K), prior to advising participants.
- B.A./B.S. degree in ECE or related field.
- Participate in 18 hours of approved professional development activities.
- Attend leadership trainings.
- Compose and implement an annual self-evaluation/Professional Development Plan (PDP).
- Function as an advisor with CARES Plus participants. Provide advising and mentoring support in the entry, permit and degree tracks of Component B or Component D.
- Center-Based CARES Plus Advisor – Must have a minimum of THREE consecutive years of early childhood experience.
- Family Child Care CARES Plus Advisor – Must have a minimum of FIVE consecutive years of experience as a licensed provider.